Lake District Challenge
There’s a Lake District Challenge for everyone
Walk, jog, or run the Lake District Challenge and take on England’s finest countryside at your pace. Choose to take on a distance of 25km, 50km, or 100km either individually, or as a team with friends, family or colleagues.
The Challenge Base Camp is in Kendal. From there, it’s a 100km anticlockwise loop with stunning views, trekking along hills, Ambleside, a half way point by Lake Windermere, forests, and nature reserves. At the end of your momentous journey, you will be greeted with a huge welcome and celebration back at Base Camp.
Your entry includes free food and drink at regular rest stops, plus support including medics, marshals and massage. As you cross the finish line, you’ll get a glass of fizz, t-shirt, and a medal to commemorate your achievement.
Entry and Fundraising Options
1. Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising and we cover the cost of your event place!
– 25km: Registration fee £10 /Fundraising target £250
– 50km: Registration fee £20 / Fundraising target £395
– 100km: Registration fee £30 / Fundraising target £595
2. Mixed Funding – pay half the cost of your event place, fundraise a bit less, and we cover the balance of your event place.
– 25km: Registration fee £45 / Fundraising target £135
– 50km: Registration fee £72.50 / Fundraising target £218
– 100km: Registration fee £110 / Fundraising target £330
3. Self Fund – pay the full cost of your event place, fundraise whatever you want with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the Trust!
– 25km: £79
– 50km: £129
– 100km: £198
Ready to take part?
Fill in your details below, and we’ll be in touch with instructions on how to register. Once you’re officially signed up, we’ll send a fundraising pack filled with ideas on how you can reach your target. We’ll also include a GWT T-shirt for you to wear as you set to work on your training! As you stride over the start line, soak in the atmosphere and relish the experience, all in the knowledge that your hard work and dedication is helping Gurkha veterans, their families, and their communities to live with dignity in Nepal.