The Gurkha Doko Challenge
Can you take on The Gurkha Doko Challenge?
Have you got what it takes to match the ‘bravest of the brave’?
Based on the traditional Gurkha Recruitment Doko race, this challenge sees a 5km run carrying a traditional Doko basket weighing either 5kg, 10kg or 15kg with a time to beat of 46 minutes- are you up for it?
Date: Saturday 22 June 2019
9.00am: Registration desk and bag drop facilities open
9.30am: Start area open for Doko fitting
9.40am: Welcome address
9.45am: Warm up
10.00am: First wave starts
11.30am: Curry station opens and last wave starts
2.00pm: Curry station closes
3.00pm: Site closes
Register for The Gurkha Doko Challenge
As they say the early bird catches the worm….sign up now and receive our early bird offer:
Early Bird Registration: £20.00 per person: AVAILABLE UNTIL 18 APRIL 2019
Standard Registration: £25.00 per person
The fundraising target for The Gurkha Doko Challenge is £150 per person.
• Race Pack- collected at registration on the morning of the challenge
• Doko basket for the race with your chosen weight fitted properly by Gurkha soldier
• A fully signposted, cross country course with Gurkha soldiers marshalling the route and cheering you on throughout
• Chip timers, GWT race t-shirt and that all-important finishers medal
• A well deserved Gurkha curry at the finish line
• Fundraising support – a dedicated point of contact at The Gurkha Welfare Trust, providing you with tips and fundraising resources to help you achieve your target
Got a question about The Gurkha Doko Challenge?
Please contact Georgia on email@example.com with any questions regarding The Gurkha Doko Challenge.
The Gurkha Doko Race exists to support our work in Nepal and the UK, enabling Gurkha veterans, their families and communities to live their lives in dignity.